Background

Sunday, August 22, 2010

CCC #10 - Distress Stickles


One thing I have in common with my friends - we all love the beach. The sound of the waves, the fresh air after life in the valley, the unhurried life that seems to be, wants to be.

So when Linda L. chose Distress Stickles as this weeks project with all the sparkle immediately sand came to mind. I had a Stampin' Up stamp, which I've never used, that was given to me by one of these beach lovers so just thought I would try it on a birthday card for that same beach lover.

I used Basic Grey paper, the sand dollar stamp, a Happy Birthday stamp that I borrowed from Linda and forgot to look at who made it, Distressed inks and Distressed Stickles in Scattered Straw, Faded Jeans, Milled Lavender, and Antique Linen, some Prima flowers and with black centers from SkyBluePink (which should have been more than one size since the flower were but I only had one size), and a piece of brown ribbon from my scraps.

As usual, great fun - thanks Linda and the other Linda too!

4 comments:

  1. The card came out fabulous! The flowers are a great addition!

    Couldn't tell you who made the HB stamps - the name is not on the stamp and I threw the packaging out before I realized there was not a name on the stamps.

    The other Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlene, I just love this! The color combo is perfectly beachy, and the Distress Stickles look awesome on those pretty sand dollars. Great background papers, too. This is going to make for a VERY happy birthday for its lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card! I love the beach too-can't get enough of it. Thanks for sharing your art. Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - The birthday stamp is Heidi Swapp . . .it just dawned on me! I was thinking of my wood mounted stamps in my earlier post, not the acrylic one!

    ReplyDelete