Background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

CCC #7 - Peeking




I think the cutest pictures sometimes are the ones where people or animals are peeking out from behind something. This weeks challenge over at Studio L3 http://studiol3.blogspot.com/ was all about peeking. Well, really it was called Tinted Vision Fragments but there was definately some peeking going on. So go over and take a peek yourself. These challenges are fun and I'm learning a lot - and they are perfectly suited to the novice or the experienced.

My little peekers were created using Tim's Fragment Charms and a section of his Lost and Found Collection papers (ATC size) with little animals. There is a frog playing a cello, a boxing kangaroo, a very fancy piggy, and much more. I absolutely loved it. So using the techniques found in the Compendium of Curiosities book I created several charms with the animals peeking out thru the alcohol ink colors, I backed them all with dictionary paper and sealed them with glossy accents.

Thanks again Linda H. for sharing and Linda L. for sponsoring all this fun!

6 comments:

  1. Charlene, these are wonderful! I love the bright, cheerful colors, and the animal images are probably my favorite of all Tim's papers! Your charms would bring a smile to anyone's face (they certainly did to mine!), and I'm so happy you shared them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fragment charms are so pretty Charlene, I had to click and take a closer look :D! Love your colours and the papers you used they're perfect for this techinique. Love your little pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful Charlene, are you making a bracelet with them? Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even prettier and more colorful in person as well very tiny! (I know because I was just holding them, squinting trying to see what animal I had. lol) I definitely like the enlarged photos because I can actually see what I am looking at. . . You are looking like a pro!

    Linda H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love what you did with these! This paper was such a good choice with your pretty fragments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlene, just read you are going on a Cruise with Tim Holtz, you lucky lucky girl and of course he will love your charms. Annette x

    ReplyDelete