Background

Saturday, July 3, 2010

CCC #3 - ATCs

For some reason this challenge was just that for me - challenging!! Both in effort and in thought. I messed around with so many different ideas and colors that I was exhausted but couldn't stop after 8 hours of effort. The fact that I only produced three ATCs is a bit frustrating. Now I remember why paper scrapping was so difficult and why I switched to digital. Its so much easier to create, toss, and rearrange in digi - those "well, that looks like crap", "what was I thinking", "now I've wasted that element", moments are easily fixed but with paper they all come rushing back like a bad dream. One nice thing was using some of this stash I've had for years - Colorbok 3-D alpha, Studio K framed words, and a foot clip from Staples on the "Journey" ATC; Mark Richards Crystal Alpha, "See" sticker from Simple Scrapbooks, The Paper Co. quilling papers that I then colored with distressed inks blending Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, and Gold Mixatives for my shell in "See Shells" ATC ; some rhinestone flowers that I picked up in the $1 bin at JoAnns with Scribbles 3-D iridescent gold paint centers, Sentimens Rub-ons, a butterfly stamp (a find at the Dollar Tree) and some metallic ribbon on "Inspire" ATC. So I have three ATCs plus maybe six other background pieces I can use. Deep breath... what will Monday' challenge bring?

I did do some digi scrap too and created two cow cards - well really in the mood cards. So heres the one problem I have with digi - my printer!! It has a mind of its own when it comes to color so my pink and brown cow cards came out purple and pink. Buying a new printer this week that can manage all these colors. I put the cards together anyway practiced using my new Ranger alcohol inks on my Heidi Swap letters and I'm satisfied with the result.





2 comments:

  1. You may only have 3, but they are very cool! Some of those things look familar! LOL. Love the colors, especially the "journe" ATC. And your quilling. . . once of these days you will have to be a bad influence on me and teach me how to quill!

    Good luck with finding a printer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlene, trust me when I say that the hard work you put into these cards was totally worth it. They are GORGEOUS! Seriously, wonderfully gorgeous. The "Inspire" piece should be hung above your art table as a reminder of how talented you are.

    I love the cow cards, too! Cows always make me smile.

    By the way, I have the same issue-- I've worked in Photoshop for so long that I sometimes get frustrated doing things on paper, where mistakes are "permanent." But, my theory is, it's good for our spirits and our poor, irradiated eyes to work in three dimensions sometimes, so I've come to really enjoy my non-digital art sessions, and to (sort of) embrace the goof ups. That' probably why I love distressed things so much!

    Thanks for pushing through the frustration and making such beautiful cards! I think you'll enjoy next week's technique a lot.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete